Huijie Qiao, Visiting Professor
- PhD, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
AIS Area of Interest
Dr. Qiao's research interests include macroecology and ecological niche modeling.
- Designing marble algorithm (MA) to estimate ecological niches from presence-only records.
- Developing modeling tool to combine 18 existing ecological niche models (ENMs) and provide a uniform procedure for modeling the potential habitat niche of a species via a common web browser.
- Developing software (NicheA & mMWeb) to analysis and show ecological niche related data.
- Developing diverse virtual species with known niche and dispersal properties to test a suite of niche modeling algorithms designed to estimate potential areas of distribution.
- Analyzing the impacts of niche breadth and dispersal ability on macroevolutionary patterns under changing environments. Presenting a novel cellular automaton algorithm designed to assess the relative impacts of species’ macroecological traits on patterns of biological diversification within a dynamic Earth system.